Thursday, March 20, 2008

It's official...

Here are the babies with their blankets.
Last night Lily completed the cycle. I was trying to get her to go to sleep and she just kept on crying. She wasn't hungry, dirty, cold, or hot. But yet, she wouldn't stop crying...she wanted something, what else could that be?...this blanket, no, that blanket, no, aha! this blanket! As soon as I put this blanket on top of Lily she was asleep. So, I guess that's her blanket. The boys went through the same cycle too. It's funny all of their blankets were hand-made by friends of the family.
Owen's blanket was made by Chad's best friends mother, (got that?), the lovely Karma. Luke's blanket was made by a friend of mine from Michigan, Kelly (she actually finished knitting it at my shower:)). And Lily's blanket was made by one of Chad's friends from work, Samantha. Lily's blanket is made of this ultra soft yarn too, I was angling to steal it for my own.
So I guess I'm in for Lily crying at the washer while I wash this blanket in the future. As I can't tell you how many times the boys when they were younger would sit through the entire cycle bawling in front of the washer and dryer waiting for them to finish, (they don't do that anymore). So here's to the lovely people in our lives that spent time to give a gift that will forever be part of my babies childhood memories. Thank you.

4 comments:

  1. Sooo cute! I love little baby blankets. I'm like you, I'd want to steal your daughters soft blanket. Little Lily is absolutely adorable!!! The boys are too of course.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sooo cute! I love little baby blankets. I'm like you, I'd want to steal your daughters soft blanket. Little Lily is absolutely adorable!!! The boys are too of course.

    ReplyDelete
  3. YAY! I got the good news this morning from Chad and I'm thrilled. Of course, with this honor comes responsibility i.e. back-up yarn for any mishaps!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, three little Linus's. My cousin's baby is the same way. He has one particular blanket and that blanket has one particular corner which he will go round and round the blanket to find in order to caress that corner to his face. It's hillarious. I hope nothing ever happens to his blanket. Chase never had a blanket that he adored. Nicholas, however, loves Chase's old blanket and Joseph loves a blanket I made him as well as a little giraffe pillow which the nurses in the PICU at Sacred Heart gave to him and used to prop his little legs up with when he was medically paralyzed. He LOVES that giraffe and will ABSOLUTELY NOT go to sleep without it. Kids... and about your love for COOKIE...me, too. Which is why, I, too, have decided to give up sugar. Let's do it together. It stinks, doesn't it!!

    ReplyDelete