Thursday, June 26, 2008

Gamma problem?

You won't like me when I'm angry


Lately I'm wondering if I have gamma poisoning. I even think I might want to keep my heart rate monitor on so that I can talk myself down. I never used to have difficulty controlling my temper, I don't even recall having a temper. I honestly cannot ever recall yelling prior to having children. But, well...now, uhmm...JAMIE ANGRY! It usually hits around 4pm and I'm vulnerable until bedtime. Anything can set it off.

And I have MANY triggers; Owen teasing Luke (which also happens to be his favorite past time), Luke whining/crying (which is his go to state), leaving the door open (summer in Texas, need I say more), when the dog defiles our house, when I'm cooking dinner and Owen and Luke race around the house like maniacs screaming at the top of their lungs while launching objects high into the air for me to either A) dodge or B) run and catch so as to save an innocent lamp or vase or when they make a larger than normal mess ( I cannot stand MESSES! JAMIE ANGRY!). The depressing fact is that all of these scenarios present themselves multiple times an hour. I often find myself telling the boys that if they come in from outside they will go into their rooms for the rest of the day.

The results in a Hulk like outbreak are actually very similar to the real Hulk. I feel larger and stronger than usual (probably due to my standing up straight and muscle flexing). I stomp around and have even slammed my fist on things (this is getting a little embarrassing). And worst of all, remember in the movie where Hulk takes his huge fist and swings his massive arm so as to knock objects into the air as an expression of his immense anger. Well, hum, he he, uh mm, I do that too. During my outburst I can remember thinking to myself STOP IT! STOP IT! Your acting like a fool, the way you act now is how they will act when their teenagers! STOP IT! But I just can't sometimes. Then I feel horrible, just like the Hulk.



Hulk smash! ROOOAAARR!

10 comments:

  1. Love this post...maybe because I can relate so well. Good luck to all of us (and our kids!) :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are not alone....I find myself sounding more and more like my mother --she had a temper! I hated when she yelled at us, but now I understand how nuts we made her. Heaven help us all!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL!!! Love it, worded Very well Jamie. AMY ANGRY, too. Ssshhhh!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jamie to answer is simple...just let your house fall to pieces and get nothing done at all each day like me. I might be speaking from experience...who knew.
    I like to blame it on the raging hormones. Give yourself a break you are a great mom and kidding yourself if you think others aren't in the same boat. heck your such a good mom that you should treat yourself to somthing special today!!! (cake,cookies,candy...)


    love ya,
    jamie

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are hilarious! That is totally the worst time of day! My kids like to meltdown around that time.

    ReplyDelete
  6. yep, i can totally relate too. so rest assured . .. you are just normal. this sure was a funny post! when are you coming home????

    ReplyDelete
  7. you crack me up, but I feel your pain. I am the same way I think we need a stash of chocolate that we can dip into around the 3:00 hour in preperation of whats ahead.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Jaime,

    I am totally feelin' your pain. I get a little crazy around that same time and I am sure my neighbors hear it all!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I remember a trip to Disney Land where your dad left you on the side of the road because you were fighting with everybody. Then when you were driving in the drive way at home, you started crying and asking to be forgiven. Just remember there are no excuses for leaving your kids on the side of the road!!!

    It is very intereting how your parents get revenge on their kids.

    Your loving dad

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yeah, I've done the fist thing- it is embarrassing. I feel myself getting angrier with age. The only solution is alone time frequently!!

    ReplyDelete