Friday, April 13, 2012

The event

Last Saturday something happened.

















Chad and I were sound asleep taking a delightful afternoon nap. Chad was awakened by Duke's excited barks. He stepped out of our room just in time to see Duke picking up a rather large bird from our floor. Still in his sleep haze he shooed the dog outside while he got a dustpan and placed the birds dead carcass in the trash. Then he proceeded to the office to do important internet research. :)

There was quite a mess on the floor but he didn't want me to feel excluded from all the fun. Isn't he generous? I came out and as I was cleaning up the mess I realized that the mess was feathers and bird seeds. Like tons of bird seeds. Why in the world is there this much birdseed on the floor? Did Duke slash through his skin/feathers/stomach that quickly?






















Once I finished cleaning up the mess on the floor I turned around to behold our beautiful view. It was then that I realized exactly what had happened. The sizable splat across the window was my first clue. I quickly deduced that the bird had flown in through my open french doors and hit the window so hard that it exploded (evidence of explosion on window glass--yum-O).

Spring time = good times!

No comments:

Post a Comment