Tuesday, January 29, 2013

A sign.

Want some milk? Want Jack to ask for it for you? That is like, totally something he would do for you.
We've been working with Jackie on his signs since last spring and it is like seriously the freaking cutest thing on the planet (and yes, I'm taking puppies and newborn stretches into account). Jack's been signing milk for along time now; sometime around his first birthday that he started really getting it down. His other list of sign skills include the following: bye-bye, more, all done, ball, star, chicken, and eat.

Another trick that is also cuter than puppies is pointer. You know the song, 'Where is pointer where is pointer here I am here I am'

Well, Jack loves this silly song and I'm a sucker for my boy so I've been singing it to him. When I sing it to him now though, he follows along and does the actions! But he's super clever, if I ask him where is pointer in the tone of the song he brings out his pointer finger and bends it like the song but if I just nonchalantly say 'where is pointer' then he'll bring his chubby index finger forward and show you pointer!! Jack has transitioned this skill into watching the 'You've got cookie so share it maybe' song over and over again. Once the song ends he takes pointer, points it at the computer screen and gives an encouraging grunt.

Want to know where Jack's nose is? Just ask him, he'll tots show you that one too.

No comments:

Post a Comment