Sunday, April 28, 2013

Rituals.

In our hallway between Lily's and Jack's rooms there is a large mirror.

I do not remember exactly how this got started but going eight months strong now; I dare say we have a ritual, Jackie Pad and I. Jackie takes either one or two naps a day for anywhere from one to three hours and when he wakes up he takes a minute to come out of it.

I go in his room pick him up, he takes his cue to lock his hands around my neck and squish in for some tight cheek to cheek time. This is all happening as I'm walking out of his room to the mirror. We look in the mirror together for a few moments like this, our cheeks tightly pressed together. Jack is looking at himself and I'm looking at his as well. He determines when we come out of the hold, once he detaches his cheek, we walk away and get on with our day.

Moments over. But, such a good moment it was!

No comments:

Post a Comment