Friday, October 5, 2007

All about Lily







Well many of you in your comments have asked details about Lily so I will happily share. Since everyone who reads my blog is a friend you all know that our older boys didn't come home till they were a couple of months old, so having a newborn home is a totally different experience! Both the boys came home and were sleeping from 7 pm to 7 am, well little Lily doesn't do that.!@#

Lily eats every three hours and is a great little eater. She is also so MELLOW. I cannot say that enough, she seriously only cries a minute before it's time to eat and as soon as you pick her up she stops and starts to eat my shirt. A few days ago we gave her a bath and she slept through it! She is awake a couple of hours in the morning and in the evening and we just stare at her.

I thought that having a girl would be different as far as pee pee goes when changing a diaper...no no no. Lily can piddle 6 inches away! One day she will kill me for sharing that info. She has Chad's olive skin tone, which I could die of happiness just for that. But she also got something else of Chad's...HIS FEET! Chad wears size 15 and I'm terrified for poor Lily, you should see the feet on this girl. There almost as long as her shins.

I find myself close to tears daily because I feel so grateful to have Lily home with us. This experience has been very healing. I always knew I would be a mother and I love these children that we have been blessed with. The sadness and sorrow we suffered through with the boys has opened my eyes to appreciate more fully the height of joy that is the miracle of a healthy baby. I am filled with gratitude for this amazing little girl.

2 comments:

  1. Such a sweetie! So pretty. I love that she is a good eater and so mellow. She sounds like a good baby. That is great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jaime--I could fully appreciate your comment on your gratitude for a healthy baby--especially after what you've been through. Although, you were so strong through your trials with your little boys, I imagine it is such a breath of fresh air to have her so healthy and perfect. What a blessing from God!

    ReplyDelete