Wednesday, December 5, 2007

Some of my "finds"

I thought I'd post some pics of my trash to treasure finds. Below are a couple of em.



I got this round side table off craigslist for thirty bucks! I refinished it and there ya go. You can't see it really well but it has great turned legs that are really pretty.

This is an antique that I got at a yard sale in the uber rich neighborhood next to mine. She was moving and wanted all new furniture at her new house so, everything goes! It was a hay day! I got it for seventy-five and didn't do a thing to it.


This was bought in Canton which Texans will recognize as the worlds biggest flea market. I got it for sixty bucks and had it re-upholstered (this is it's third fabric...I have a hard time with fabric choices sometimes:)). The drive home was pretty uncomfortable too. Two hours of this jammed into my Pilot, poor Owen was literally underneath it...what a sport. The table next to it is from a clearance center for fifteen bucks!!



This room was done totally cheap. I got the furniture from an unfinished furniture company and stained/painted it myself. The upholstered trunk is from an antique mall and was only fifteen bucks and it only cost me another thirty to have it re-upholstered! You can't see it from this angle but on the other wall are some cubbies that look just like the one's from Potterybarn.




The chair is from Crate and Barrel but I got it at a yard sale had it re-upholstered and viola. The side table is from a clearance center and was a steal at $40 bucks!






This is one of my garage sale finds, it was ten bucks and I painted it then antiqued it and put on some new knobs. Now it's my sofa table.










8 comments:

  1. You are amazing and hillarious. The ipod thing was too much for me, I had to laugh out loud. I will admit that I have had equally as disturbing dreams! And your bargains...simply beautiful! Tara and I were just talking the other day about what an amazing eye you have and what a great decorator you are! I want to be just like you :) Honestly...when I buy a house I want to stay in I will fly you up to help me furnish it, alrighty then.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seriously I agree! You do have an eye for this Jamie! You should seriously start a business! Looking at the fabric you picked out for that little couch and chair! WOW!!! That would be really hard for me. So yeah, I wish you lived closer to help me decorate my soon to be house and find those great deals! Nice work!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jamie,

    You are A-MAZ-ING! That sofa table is a new one? I haven't seen that before. You have the EYE.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Now that's what I call smart shopping! Great finds and you have done a great job refinishing them. By the way, how on earth are you getting things re-upholstered for such an inexpensive cost?

    Great job! The house looks fab!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi, I don't even know how I got here. Just blog jumping!! ;) Your kids are cuties. My husband is named Luke. I'm putting you on the "read all the time" list!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is one of my favorite things to do too! I love getting a good deal. I will have to post my finds one of these days. I love the last dresser. So what is your antiquing process? I've tried it a few times but yours looks better than mine does. Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What beautiful stuff. I wish I had an eye to see the potential of things. Beautiful home! thanks for sharing!

    -Robyn

    ReplyDelete