Tuesday, September 23, 2008

700 BILLION!!!...what you can do...today.

Hello my fellow bloggie friends. Are you as ticked at the current state of the country's financial future as I am? I am not, I repeat not looking forward to paying my hard-earned (well my husbands hard earned) dollars on these companies bad business decisions. Here is a plan that I heard of today that could potentially work and not cost us billions, let alone kill the value of the dollar.

Simply insure those bonds and mortgages from the failing companies temporarily until the economy rebounds a bit and they can get their financial house in order. Paulson has been talking about this recently and hopefully his plan takes off. Here is what I emailed my state rep...



Hello,
I'm writing to ask you as my representative to not vote for the current bailout package. Instead please vote for a temporary change of the government insuring those mortgages and bonds, not OWNING them. Please please represent my views as my elected official or I will remember this come re-election.

Thank you for you time in reading my email on this regard.


Sincerely,

Jamie Mead



On another important note today is Miss Lily's birthday and I will be posting pictures later.

4 comments:

  1. HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO LILLY... I AM SURE YOU ARE THE CUTEST GRANDDAUGHTER IN TEXAS.. LET DADDY EAT YOUR CAKE FOR YOU.. CAN'T WAIT TO SEE THE PICTURES.. LOVE GRANDMA VICKY

    ReplyDelete
  2. Um.. my calendar says lilly's b-day isn't until the 28th! So now I feel like a complete jerk! Just know that I was thinking about her and I was planning on sending something for her . Sorry lilly that your aunt and uncle can't get their dates straight. I blame Josh, (he marked our calendar!)s

    ReplyDelete
  3. You always promise pictures, but you never deliver. Lazy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You go girl! Way to be involved and be a voice of the people. You're a great example.

    ReplyDelete