Thursday, September 4, 2008

Say your prayers

I don't have a picture to post with this yet, but I will. So, we've been painting our cabinets in our study and by we I mean me. Anyho, Tuesday morning I sent the kids off to school had Lily down for a nap and went into my study to paint. I was using my Wagner professional paint sprayer with oil based paint. I had completely sealed off the study from the rest of the house and had a small window open. I was wearing a mask, but it wasn't a respirator.

I started feeling kind of fuzzy but didn't think much of it. I wanted to finish the first coat of primer before I stopped. I remember feeling confused and it was like I was retarded. I couldn't figure out how to do very simple things. I was trying to hang up a 24 inch bookshelf again and again. It wasn't working because I had the 48 inch wide bookshelf in my hand. I had the sprayer turned off while I was deliriously trying over and over again.

While this was happening I heard the phone that I had brought into the room with me ring. I answered and had what I've been told was a crazy conversation with my friend Angela (I still don't remember even talking to her). She came right over to check on me because I wasn't making any sense. When she got here she found me passed out in the study and pulled me out through the window. She called 911 and they came and checked me all out. I recovered a couple of hours later (and about 2 gallons of vomit).

It is so scary when I think of what would have happened had I not had the phone in there with me. And then, if the sprayer was still on I wouldn't have heard the phone ring. And of course my dear friend Angela who called. She is a good friend and said that she had planned on calling me but was going to wait till later in the day. But she had this little nag that she should call then.

I'm so thankful that all of these seemingly insignificant events came together to keep me safe. Right before I started the project, I said a little prayer that the sprayer would work easily, the cabinets would turn out nice and that I would be safe. I had no idea how much my prayers would be answered that day.

13 comments:

  1. Jamie, you had me laughing first then almost in tears. I am so glad that you are OK, what a scary experience. Thanks for the reminder. :) I miss you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my heavens! I am so glad you are okay! That is a serious blessing that everything worked out how it did!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank goodness you are okay and thank goodness for prayers! That is so scary! Your friend Angela is a hero! You gotta be careful. We love you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW! I am so glad that you are okay. What a scary thing to have happen! I am so thankful for your friend Angela and thankful for prayers!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jamie,
    OH-MY-HEART,That is so scary. Tell your friend Angela that she is your angel. I'm so glad you said your prayers. I can't wait till dinner to hear more of the story:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Holy Cow!Thank goodness for that call. I hope you don't have brain damage!Maybe you shouldn't paint anymore without Chads supervision? I am so glad you're alright!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW- What a story! I'm so glad that you are alright. Someone was definitely watching over you that day!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Holy Cow, Jamie! I've been wondering where you've been and then to read this...wow! Are you okay now?? I can't believe this happened to you. I'm so grateful for your prayer and for Angela answering that prayer. Big Hugs, Girly!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow! What a scary thing. I'm glad that you are ok and that you have such a great friend AND that you are both close to the spirit.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Okay, that is so scary! I am glad you are okay.

    ReplyDelete
  11. OH. MY. GOSH. CA-RAZAY!! I am so glad you are okay. What a good friend you have. Prayers totally work!

    ReplyDelete
  12. The Lord was really watching out for you--that is a scary story! So glad you're ok!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow, what a story! I am so glad a good friend followed those promptings and rescued you.
    Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete