Saturday, February 7, 2009

I heart quiet.

I'm surround by quiet now. It happens so rarely that when all is quiet I remember how much I like quiet. Thank you Chad for giving me quiet. All the boys are at the movies, Lily is sleeping and I'm doing what I want (which oddly entailed me, mopping, dishes, 1 load of laundry a Dear Geneive episode and blogging, hum). But this morning on our usual Saturday chores I just had to come and take a picture of Lily who was just so cutely laying in the leaves her brothers were raking. And the boys asked that I take their photo too, so as not to leave them out... here you go. Notice my super sweet outdoor sectional in the background? That was my latest craigslist find!
The aforementioned cuteness.


This part is for my mother. I just finished a project of upholstering a bench, she wanted a visual. Here the bench is while staining the legs, probably would have been better to do them when they weren't on the bench already but when I have I ever gone the easy route, why start now.

My tools; screwdriver, screws, scissors, drill, twine and hemostats (yes I am a doctor. A doctor of upholstery! Oh yeah.)

The trusty sewing machine that my lovely mother bought me. Just love that lady. The sewing part of this project was crucial. I wanted a grid pattern on the top of the bench with buttons placed on the intersecting lines. Lots of measuring, remeasuring, calculating, adding, subtracting, drawing perfectly straight lines that were 80 inches long, etc. This part took the longest.

Viola! I am quite pleased with myself. Anyone that comes over is forced to come and admire this beauty. Not even kidding.

Aren't I great? (And humble too.)


4 comments:

  1. I'd brag about that sucker too! You seriously need to start your own home improvement show! You are amazing! Wish I lived closer so that you could help me with a project like that! :) GOOD JOB!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! That's about all I can say...WOW!

    ReplyDelete
  3. AMAZAING! Yet again. You never cease to amaze me.

    ReplyDelete