Tuesday, July 7, 2009

My favorite holiday.

This is actually on the 3rd of July but there were friends, fireworks, so we of course had to celebrate! Owen spent the entire party running around with four boys, building ramps for the battery-powered cars to jump off of. I almost died of laughter seeing it for the first time, but they really did catch some air, especially since they were on a slight hill. Something tells me that this is not the first time I will be seeing my boys building ramps to jump and fling things off of.
Luke enjoying the fireworks. I guess it was my childhood, because I just have a passion for this holiday (I did after all have five brothers and we all love fire). I love the celebration of our great country, we are so blessed to be able to be citizens of this country and I am so grateful to all those who've gone before and those whose currently make our freedoms possible. Heroes.
That's Luker there, Owen was too busy playing to come down by the lake and do his roman candle so Mr. Luke took care of big brother and did it for him! I don't have any pics from the 'actual' 4th but rest assured we swam, played, ate, chatted and enjoyed ourselves immensely.

No comments:

Post a Comment