Thursday, September 24, 2009

Time to catch up.

This post is dedicated to Owie. Just love that boy. I thought of a funny story that I know I'll forget in years to come so I want to get it down before then. The above pic is Owen at a swim meet which he competed against kids two years older than him and came in second place! Go Owen, go Owen.
This is Owen when he was around 3 years old. We were at the Arboretum in Dallas and I was pregnant with Luke.
Here is Owen at our house on Shoreview Rd in Dallas. He used to love to stir stuff up and "help" me out in any possible way. He used to also love to wear mine and Chad's shoes around the house. I just love the chubby fingers in this picture because there long gone now. So sad.
Here is Owen when he was a month old, looking so manly. Okay now for a trip down memory lane. After Luke came home from the hospital in Philadelphia he slept in the pack n play for a couple of weeks. We knew it was time to make the switch for Owen to get a big bed and Luke to have Owen's old crib. So we got a nice queen size bed for Owen and set the crib all up for Mr. Luker. Well at this point Owen was still napping and would stay in his crib when we put him into it.
He couldn't believe his freedom! He was drunk on his own power that at will he could get out of bed! Wow! Look at me mom! I'm getting right out of bed that you just put me in! Ha! Yay!!! Well a couple of nights of this and Chad and I were sick and tired of putting Owen to bed twenty thousand times. So I devised an evil plan to punish the child. You see Owen had a special blanket that he oh so adored and slept with, played with, took everywhere, etc. So one night when I put him in bed I told him that if you get out of bed I'm going to take your blanket away. Okay.

Well approximately two seconds after the door to his room closed we heard the pitter patter of feet and the crack of the door. I went to his door and swiped the blanket from his hands, put him back to bed and off I went with blankie. Well, lets just say that Owen came and cried and cried and cried at the door (which I was standing on the other side). Till daddy came down the hall and told me how cruel I was being and made me give it back. So we did and Owie stopped getting out of bed. And I still feel kinda bad about taking babies blanket one night in January of 2005. Sorry Owie, love you tons.

No comments:

Post a Comment