Wednesday, February 24, 2010

While the cats away the mice will play.

Last week I went to Utah for my grandma's funeral. She was 96; fiercely independent, loyal, generous and a wee bit irreverent. Just my kind of woman. I ended up staying six days and on the last day I went skiing with my friend Tara. While in Utah we ate (a lot), cooked, hiked up the mountain at my aunts, played basketball with my brothers and cousins, and enjoyed talking about grandma.
Chad was very anxious for me to get home. One conversation went a little like this, "yeah I'm pretty frazzled, Lily is super destructo baby. They just don't ever seem to slow down."

. . .you don't say?
Even baby was at the end of her rope.
And the kitchen, well, it missed me too. Even though this is the morning after I returned with some groceries. The kitchen upon my return was "Chad clean", and I am very grateful for that!
So did the laundry.
Bless their little hearts though. They did try to pick up. They just stuffed everything into baskets meant for books, garbage, dirty clothing, my shoes, suckers, valentines. . .you get the picture.

1 comment:

  1. first . . . . I love an irreverent woman. . . . as i can totally relate.

    second .. . . i left town for four days . . . . and just about everything fell apart. its so nice to be the glue that holds everything together. Right?

    ReplyDelete