Friday, March 26, 2010

A camping we will go.

Over spring break we went camping to Caddo Lake which is on the Texas/Louisiana border with our friends the Saddlers and Hubregs. Wasn't as good as it could have been due to the fact that my hubby wasn't along due to his slave driving job. But we made the best of it. The kids had a great time playing, fishing, canoeing, hiking and recreating.

This was the first time I've camped since I was a kid. . .it's a lot of work for parents. I'm sure my parents are smiling upon reading that line but it it so true. So many things to remember to bring, then all the packing, cleaning, driving etc. I had a TERRIBLE nights sleep (thanks to Lily caressing my face every ten minutes and saying "hi mommy, how are you?"

But all in all a fun time was had and I even got to play with my friends. Didn't catch any fish, thank goodness (my last experience still haunts me). And the canoeing was delightful. At one point as we were rowing along (me and four other children), Lily began to sing row row row your boat. It was so cute I could have died. Seriously. Below are some self-explanatory photos of our escapades.





No comments:

Post a Comment