Friday, July 15, 2011

Are you seeing what I'm seeing?

IMG_5511
Do we have a male super-model in our home? I seriously cracked up when I uploaded my pictures to discover Mr. Blue Steel. Do I need to clarify and say which one? No. . . If you cannot tell then you don't deserve this laugh. This was at our swim meet last week. Owen's good buddy John Michael (remember the one Luke beat up a couple of years ago? Again, never mess with Luke Mead.) came out for a visit. He is such a good boy and they all played so well together.

IMG_5513
I'm not quite sure what is happening here, but it seems Luke is trying to do an Abercrombie pose. The kind where the men (boys) rest their hands on their underwear and casually show a more provocative pose. Luke's version, well, if this is his desired profession, he'll have more time to perfect it.

On a side note something that is funny and I get asked about a lot as far as the boys' bodies go is if they work out. I get asked it all the time and I just laugh. Their surgery scar is in just the right spot for a six pack line. And Luke, he has Chad's body, big, broad shoulders. But no, both their toned little bodies are products of constant movement. I am one of those cruel/horrible mothers that doesn't allow them to play video games to their hearts content.

It is so sad for them, for every hour that they want to play DS/Wii/TV they have to read for one hour. It's even worse during the school year, none of them during the week. Occasionally I'll pity them and let em watch a thirty minute show here or there. But I'm of the school of thought that children should play outside more than they do anything else. Makes for A LOT more noise and mess but it also feels so good to see them running around together, happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment