Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Some days we just get it right.

IMG_5414
About a week ago Owen had two friends over to hang. I read about an outside game where you fill a garbage bag with water and then hit it repeatedly until it explodes. Perfect! Right up just about every kid's alley. So we swam in our underwear no less and filled up about fifty garbage bags. Lily even got in on the action. Owen managed to hold onto the title of three hits to have a bag explode, you had to know it would turn into a competition right. It's not fun, unless there is a winner. At least, if you're a little boy that is.

IMG_5421
It doesn't happen all the time but on days like this I feel better about my mothering. That I'm not totally screwing it all up. That they are happy and have a good life.

IMG_5412

IMG_5403

IMG_5405

IMG_5399
Bag is about to explode on baby brother.

IMG_5395

IMG_5381

IMG_5379

IMG_5376

IMG_5375

IMG_5369
Trying to break Garron's record.

IMG_5370
The anticipation.

IMG_5372
The record was broken!

IMG_5361
Not to be outdone.

IMG_5368

2 comments:

  1. You're the best mom period! I need to write this activity down, looks like so much fun!
    ps. I want more pictures of your pretty face!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE THIS!!!
    You are the ultimate.

    ReplyDelete