Wednesday, March 28, 2012

This is not another post about mountains.

Well, only kind of.

Putting your oxygen mask on first is an excellent metaphor for being able to give others and yourself your best. Every Saturday morning I nurse Jack to sleep and race out my door to go for a hike. Sometimes I go with a friend (remember Jenny?!!!!) or just with my iPod. These hours fill me up. I appreciate Chad so much during these times for making it a priority to give me this time.
I come home invigorated; ready to get chilly waters, do deep compression massages with Jack, make my man a panni, whatever! This little time, while not at a very convenient time is so important to me. This time of life that I am in right now is wonderful but challenging. Everyone needs me but I also have my needs to. If I neglect my interests and things that fill me up I am not as good for my family. I'm more irritated, short tempered and not my usual wonderful self. ;)

I have demands on me and my time coming in from all around. Which is wonderful to be so needed but for me its important to not give everything away. These days it's important to be able to say no. Things are hectic and crazy most days so what I choose to spend my time on generally means I am so no to something else. Keeping this in mind when I'm asked to do something or even things I plan for myself helps me to prioritize.

Happy days are here. Multiple times a day I look around and reflect on the beauty of my life.

--pics from a hike I took the kids on at Pappago park a few weeks ago.












































1 comment: