Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Where have I been???

Summer is almost over, the kids have started back to school and the temp is dropping! Holla freakin lu ya is all I've got to say. The boys started school on Monday and they are both loving it, (so are Lily and I). Owen has his BFF Bryson in his class, heaven help his teacher. They are both riding the bus and loving feeling like such big boys. Haven't really got a lot to post about, feeling very unmotivated. But wanted to leave you with a picture of Miss Priss.

In this picture Lily is feeling a little frustrated and overwhelmed that her mother has her outside, on uncomfortable sticky grass in 100 degree weather asking her smile, but not teethy smile. Smile like I just said something funny, not laugh out loud funny but something that two people who know each other well would laugh at but that most other people wouldn't understand. Oh and don't look at the camera while your thinking of that inside joke we want this to look natural, like you (an eleven month old baby) was just outside by yourself when I (a photo obsessed mother) happened upon this secret moment you were having with yourself. Come on LILY, get with it. You know this I'm a baby junk won't fly for too much longer. I mean by the time I was your age I was making dinners and doing long division. Amature .
Lucy is ever the hopeful puppy. Lucy has taken a real liking to Lily. Lily is always good for some food whether it's off of the floor or from her sticky fingers. It's always finger licking good.

3 comments:

  1. I can't believe you have both your boys in school! How nice! Is kindergarten all day there?

    Lily is just adorable and so is Lucy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay I am laughing out loud. I love the "trying to look natural" photo shoot. I do the same thing with my kids where I just sort of follow them around and try to get these candid/artsy shots, but it never works out for me either. Although I am pretty impressed- how were you able to get Lily in B&W against the green grass? Is that some Photoshop trick? Your posts always put a smile on my face. You're so funny!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You capture the art of photography perfectly. I can't even give a smile like that, so I guess I should stop demanding it from my kids!

    ReplyDelete