Monday, December 1, 2008

Pie, Thanksgiving, and MY birthday!

The night before Thanksgiving we had a pie party and the only pics I have of the wonderful event are from before it started (I get distracted easily). If you notice the lemon meringue pie has a piece missing, and all I have to say is that I HAD to make certain that it wasn't poisoned.


Apple.



Lemon Meringue
After the boys finished running around with their guns, (we are in Texas after all), they enjoyed a little DS time with their pal Harrison. I don't have any Thanksgiving pics, rest assured that there was turkey, potatoes and all the usual suspects. We enjoyed that day with our friends the Wrights.
But the next day was my birthday! Chaddy did me good too. He got me this pretty cake, (even with lemon custard, ohh I have a thing for anything lemon). He and the children gave me lovely cards with words of affection and strange drawings from Luke... I was treated to some divine quiet time and....a new camera! I have long complained about my old camera, and Mr. Mead took it upon himself to figure out the best camera and go buy it for me! Isn't he swell. So, this is the last picture you will see of the aforementioned crappy camera. It was a great last pic too, the picture of it's replacement. Now if I can only figure out how to work it. (It's a tid bit beyond my capabilities, anyone want to give me lessons?).

Below are some pics taken from my new camera, and for your viewing pleasure.





Miss Lillian is never far from her necklaces.





She is having a little moment here.











Luke is dreaming of eating that cake.










Going down the mountain!







6 comments:

  1. Hope you had a great b-day! That cake is so pretty and your pies look divine!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday! What a gorgeous cake! Yeah for Chad. And I'm wicked jealous of your camera.

    ps how did you get your meringue to come out so good on your pie?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was just randomly checking websites on the internet and ran across your blog. I must say, your husband is a terrific fellow.

    I would lavish him with love and appreciation.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay for thanksgiving and birthdays that are right next to thanksgiving! Your cake looks amazing,and that camera takes super good pics! glad you had a good time, miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Belated Birthday Jamie!!! I am excited for you and your new camera! That's what I want! Your pics look amazing, way to go Chad! Hope you had a nice Thanksgiving! Lily is growing up!

    ReplyDelete