Sunday, December 27, 2009

Christams eve with family and friends.

That 78 degree day was followed by the first white Christmas in Dallas in eighty years. Christmas eve day it started snowing in the afternoon and got continually larger and larger flakes as the day went on. Till it was a full on snowstorm by Christmas eve, gusting winds and snow coming down in droves. This only added to the excitement of that day, (party that night with friends, snowing in Texas! and Santa coming tonight! WOW) the kids were the most ramped up I've seen them in awhile.
My gift to kitty. Not making him immediately get down.
After my traditional dinner we indulged ourselves with Courtney's yummy fondue. Three different kinds of chocolate and dozens of assorted dipping companions (I tried my first blackberry, cause I figured dipped in chocolate what could go wrong?) equals true love.
During the storm on Christmas eve I told Luke to go outside and look cold. To which he responded, "I don't need to look it mom! I am cold!"
I've made this dinner for eight years now and it's only in the last three that everything has started turning out. Prime rib, creamed corn, mashed potatoes, Yorkshire pudding. But it certainly turns out now! YUM-O. This year we celebrated with seven extra adults and nine more children! Got full use out of my 120 ft. dining table this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment