Friday, December 11, 2009

Lily and I were perfect angles.

That will be the last time that phrase will be uttered for a long time. Last week we went to our church's nativity event. We basically ran through the exhibit so as to keep Rubby from her evil ways. At the end we made it to the picture room and Lily and I were angels, Owen a wise man, Luke and daddy shepherds. The outtakes were the best part, at the end of the photo shoot Lily had the electric candles in her mouth causing her to 'glow'.
Here we are at the same event three years ago. It basically went the same back then, Luke is barely covered in his shepherd garb. But doesn't he have the best smile?

On an unrelated side note, I just love Texas. Owen came home from school and told me all about how baby Jesus goes around on Christmas eve in Mexico and brings gifts to the children (which he thought was funny, "I mean how can baby Jesus do that, does he crawl?")

I appreciate so much that people here are willing and not afraid to teach about all kinds of traditions and faiths. These days anything christian seems to be off limits but not down here in Big Tex. I relate so much to the popular bumper sticker; "I wasn't born here but I got here as fast as I could".

AMEN!

2 comments:

  1. Take it from a voice of experience, someday you will look back to these days as "the good ol days" and be thankful that you did not kill the kids.

    Dad

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome--love the part where you get to dress up. And may I just say how much I love reading about Rubby's evil ways? Sorry, I know it's not good for you, but man, some good entertainment for the peanut gallery... ;) Have a great Texas Christmas.

    ReplyDelete