Tuesday, September 4, 2012

How't that tasting, Jack?



It's amazing to me how music can just take you right back. Still to this day every time I hear Annie Lennox's song, Why I am immediately transported back to sixth grade. My best friend's (at the time :)) mother had just passed away. We would lay on her bed, stare at the ceiling and drown sorrows as we listened.

Today I was doing dishes, (yay!) and on came Adele's song Make you feel my love and I remembered, one year ago. . .

 I would listen to this song and feel so many emotions for my Jack. Such a random bouquet of emotions too; sadness, fear, love, hope, pride. I loved this baby so much; but I worried, would he be able to know and to feel of my love for him?

I played this song over and over again as I slowly indulged all of my emotions.

Hearing it today reminded me of those hard days, not in a factual remembering sense but more of an emotional remembering. I remember the feeling of how much my heart was literally hurting. Those same feelings came rushing back to me and it was strange; here they were but they were, how do I say?...out of place. Not in step with the emotions of my life as it is now.

The song played on as I finished up my dishes, washed Jack's hands off from his lunch and gave him a huge raspberry in his neck. As soon as my lips touched his neck he begins to giggle. Then once the vibrations of the raspberry spread he explodes into belly laughs. He is unable to contain his joy. Oh, how I want to bottle this moment.

He can feel my love.

Which, is going to be awesome for him, because there is mountains of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment