Sunday, September 2, 2012

The man of the house.

This year for fathers day I got my crafty on.
I donned this shirt and the kids and I whipped up a delicious breakfast of pancakes and BACON. Bacon is capitalized due to it's paramount importance for Mr. Mead. A breakfast without bacon would have been a slap in the face. It's absence would have silently stated, "you're family hates you and is trying to ruin your life."

It's true.

Thankfully we negotiated that landmine and got the day off to a great start. Upon seeing me emerge in the morning the kids went crazy for my shirt. We showered Chad with breakfast, gifts and homemade cards. What gifts you may wonder? Only the worlds most amazing car sun screen money can buy! Six bucks at Costco no less!

. . .in my defense Chad did pick it up and say, "wow! this is just what I need."

I subtly took a mental note and a short few weeks later I made my man's dreams come true. Later in the day I made a chocolate chocolate chip bundt cake that rivaled the franchises Nothing Bundt Cakes chocolate chocolate chip cake. Probably most importantly I kept children at bay and didn't ask him to help with anything for an entire 12 hours!!!!

Upon the close of the day Mr. Mead announced that it was possibly the greatest fathers day in memory. This leads me to why I am posting about it here; so that next year when I put on a grungy shirt with a heart and a single letter a and forget the bacon he'll have this memory to cling to.

No comments:

Post a Comment