Sunday, September 30, 2012

Torrey Pines and lacation, we've see a lot of both.







Aside from risking the children's lives we also explored Torrey Pines. Once we made it up to the upper parking area things got really beautiful (but!, now we know that there is nothing to miss between the lower and upper parking areas. Yay!).  We walked along the trails which leads to these beautiful cliffs that overlook the pacific. Beautiful. We enjoyed the beauty and I even managed yet another public breast feeding adventure! Just as one unsuspecting hiker was wandering down to sit next to me on the bench it began. . .

About fifteen feet from me he saw the tale tell sign of baby's feet dangling underneath a baby blanket, (unsuspecting hiker thinks to himself, "self, that's weird to have no body with those feet"), walks a few feet closer to me and sees that half my body is covered by a baby blanket, (unsuspecting hiker thinks to himself, "self, that's weird that woman is wearing a blanket"), walks one more step as he slowly puts together what is really happening underneath that blanket (unsuspecting hiker thinks to himself,  "self, ABORT ABORT ABORT"), hiker awkwardly stops, pretends that halfway to the bench was, in fact, his destination. Takes a moment there to sell us on his change in plans, then hurries back up the path, finally freed from the presence of lactation.

**in unsuspecting hikers defense; I appreciate his desire to give me privacy in what is a somewhat uncomfortable situation.

It's just funny to see innocents reactions to these moments and in my defense; I try to have them only in cases of extreme emergency. I'm not tryin to be showin me boobies to no one. :) Good day.

1 comment:

  1. Jamie, I read your blog all the time and never comment but this post deserves a comment. I am crying with laughter at your ABORT story. Watching people awkwardly realize I am nursing makes it worth the uncomfortable situation. Your blog makes my life better.

    ReplyDelete