Monday, December 3, 2012

Can I get a cheer?

(Jack photobomb)

Who are your cheerleaders?

****

This morning I went for a quick walk before I took Jack to his weekly OT appointment. Usually I walk, hike, paddle board with friends so we chat about our lives, loves and problems of the day. Today though it was just myself and my thoughts. All three of us!  I do love my sense of humor I must say. Anyho.

My thoughts turned to the people that surround me. I celebrated my 35th birthday last week and fell asleep feeling well loved. It is a rich life when you're surrounded by not only a family that you love but friends as well. A morning hike with my hiking partner where we talk about big life stuff and also what lotion we're crushing on. A lunch to follow where friends take time to gather, visit and say nice, wonderful (slightly embarrassing) things about you where they give you thoughtful gifts that show just how well they get you. Phone calls and visits throughout the day left me feeling practically like a rockstar! Not to mention the flowers Eda created and brought over that are essentially living art.

It got me thinking about all these women; my cheerleaders. How meaningful they are to me and how important it is to surround yourself with good cheerleaders. People who bring out the best in you, hold and love your babies, laugh at the insanity of motherhood with you, remind you of your husbands good qualities, commiserate about the bad, forget about what you said yesterday and remember that to you raisins in cinnamon rolls is an abomination.

While in the throws of raising a young family these relationships pick me up, encourage me to be better, and tell me I'm good enough.

1 comment:

  1. I love you and I feel worse than EVER that I missed your bday 100%! I love you girl. Don't know what I would be WITHOUT YOU!!!

    ReplyDelete