Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Family picture time, que reality check.

 Even with my extra chin, I loved this photo.

It's not that I think I'm incredibly beautiful or that, but. . .my mental image is different than reality. Happens every year too. Even though last years was possibly the WORST. Take it from me, do not schedule family pictures when you're baby is S.I.X. weeks old. You will look fat, possibly because you are fat. :) True story.

Goes to show how my memory works. Every November I'm delivered a healthy slap in the face: you.aren't.as.cute.as.you.think.you.are. To cope I eat my way through December do some self-loathing in January because of aforementioned December behavior and by February I've forgotten step one in this vicious cycle. Oh well.

Maybe one day I'll find something I like about my Indian nose.

I do like my other Indian features: hair and cheeks. But darn my great-grandma for falling in love with a Scottish-man! I'm cursed with pale pale pale skin. My mom always reminds me that when she was pregnant with me she prayed and prayed for certain features: thick-nicely shaped eyebrows, height, to not be as pale as she was and  to have "fat pads" on my arms.

Ugh.

Thanks a lot mom. Fat pads!!!!!! When questioned about this she simply says, "Well, I was always just so skinny and couldn't gain weight and I didn't want you to have my same skinny arms."

. . .wow. Um, thanks A LOT mom, saved me from that!!! (love you mom!) Validation did come though with regard to my nose when unquestioned she offered, "yeah, I forgot about the Lindsay nose though, sorry. . ."

No comments:

Post a Comment