Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Person and Item of the week

Person of the week...my mama





My mom is the person of the week, if there could be a person of the year it would probably have to go to her. She is wonderful. She has so many great qualities and is my best friend. She is the most loyal person I know. She cannot stand for someone to say a bad word about one of her babies, she turns into a wild bear and if it were possible I think she would tear them apart with her bare hands. Which is saying a lot becaus she is maybe 5' 5" and has hands the same size as Owen.



When we were growing up she would go without so us chitlens wouldn't have to, (there were after all, six of us). She cares so much about even the little problems in my life. I'll call her with a worry and then hours later she will call me back with a possible soloution. I know that she has been mulling over my trivial problem, and it makes me feel loved and cared for. She has seriously worked her fingers to the bone before (remember the bathroom grout incident?). She instilled in all of us a real drive and determination. Chad has discribed this as my best and worst quality. That once I set my mind to something, it will happen, it's only a matter of how quickly. I get this whole hartedly from her. I also get my busybodyness from her, she always has some projects going on but she is always willing to help anyone who needs her help. Growing up one of my favorite memories was taking treats around to neighbors, ringing their doorbell and running away. She was always so intune with what others needed and would go to the extra mile to lift them up through pastry.




She loves my babies so much, anytime I complain about them she will ALWAYS say something nice and good about them, (that loyalty again). Probably because of how genuine her love is for them, the boys love her dearly and are always asking when she is coming again. She is also so positive. When I'm down or frustrated she is always reminding me of good things and whatever good things she can come up with. She and I love to take walks and I love walking with her. It's pretty funny to see us walking because she almost has to run to keep up but she totally does and it's fun. Another thing I love about my mama is I can feel that her heart aches when one of us is unhappy. She loves us unconditionally and wholeheartedly. So, this week I honor my mom, I love you.





Item of the week... Costco baby wipes

I love thes baby wipes, they are ultra soft. They feel about as close to a cloth as you can get. They don't leave any tacky residue. Ther are fragrence free, (lets you smell only the true scent of your baby's bottom). They are also just flat out so freaking useful. I use them to clean up almost every surface of my car, and I use them to clean up stains on clothes or furniture. If used quickly they alone will bring up most carpet stains. I have them stashed all over my house and don't go through a day without using one for commericial household use. Another great thing is that they are so economical, for $15 bucks you get either ten or twelve packages! I know.

2 comments:

  1. I agree. She is amazing. Always came to the rescue for all of our weddings--helping out her little sis.

    ReplyDelete
  2. For goodness sakes Jamie....slow down when you walk with you mom. One day you will understand. I admire, and even envy, your memories of your mother. May your children be so blessed.

    ReplyDelete