Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Person and Item of the week

Person of the Week...Chaddy


I chose Chad for my person of the week this week. Today I was reflecting upon my eleven years knowing this man and was feeling quite happy with my choice in a spouse. I love Chaddy very much and that love has blossomed over the years of marriage into something very strong. Chad has so many wonderful attributes that I couldn't possibly do him justice but I'll list a couple that come to mind.


Chad is a big teddy bear, he looks like he could tear a man apart with his bare hands but at the heart of it he is really very sensitive and is quite kind hearted. He is also very manly. As a self-proclaimed scardy cat it is so nice to have him around. Chad isn't afraid of anything and I'm sure he could protect the babies and me. Chad is so hard working too. Multiple times during the week you can find Chad already at work at 5am.



Chad is also an excellent provider for his family. Chad has always had the vision that he wanted a career so that I wouldn't have to work outside the home. He worked dilligently towards that end to do well in school and go on to law school. Another wonderful thing about Chad is he generous, not only with me but with everybody. He rarely gives me a hard time about the stuff I buy, (even with my Homer Simpson logic..."I'd be crazy not to.") He is always willing to share what he has with everyone (even his dinner w/ Owie).



Chad also takes the time to be an involved father. He usually walks in the door at 6:30 or 7:00 he will always no matter that he's been up since 4am play with the boys. When the alarm chimes that the back door has been opened the boys run, screaming, "daddy, daddy play with me!" He'll rough house with them, play guitar hero, read to them, color and even put them to bed for me. The boys both say he gives way better baths than I do too.


Another thing I absolutely love about Chad is he is funny. He is quite clever and always good for a laugh. He laughs out loud and I can often hear his laugh rooms away. When there is music playing in the house, you can always find Chad busting a move, (even though a blind man could tell you that he can't dance). Chad is loyal to his friends and takes the time to keep his friendships going.


I can always count on Chad to be a source of strength to me. He has a strong testimony of the gospel and teaches through example. He lights up my life!



Item of the Week...Mr. Pumice


The ladies at the nail salon turned me on to this great little product. It's the pumice stone that works like a champ. The bottoms of my feet were always a source of shame for me. The people at the nail salon would give me disgusted looks (and I'm sure mock me once I left). I couldn't seem to help it no matter how often I would get pedicures the problem persisted...dry, cracked heels. That was until...(cue superhero music...) Mr. Pumice. Now my feet are a source of pride and esteem. I find myself searching for opportunites to showcase my heels to others. So, ask your lady for this and you too can have the increase in heel esteem that I have experienced!


6 comments:

  1. Nothing beats a great husband and a good pumice stone :) Seriously...I'm glad you chose such a great man 11 years ago! I'm glad I was there to witness it in my oh-so-chic bridesmaid dress (right Leslie?) I'm proud that your heels are a source of self esteem and eye candy for onlookers. (I need to get one, my feet crack easily too!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved the pictures of Chaddy, they were great and how appropriate that you picked Chad right around Valentines Day! I love it and I want that pumice stone too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Even though I don't think I have every met Chaddy, you can go ahead and give him a pat on the back from me. Sounds like a really swell guy and I am such a softie for good daddies! And I can't wait to check out your feet next time I see you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah for Chad! Great husbands are the best! I am glad that you got a good one! As for Mr. Pumice! I am going to have to give him a try because I need some serious heel esteem! Thanks for the tip!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello hello, Jamie! Do you remember me? (Jessica Draney, now Corbaley) I was checkin' out some old Kennewick people's blogs & found yours! So, thought I'd drop you a line--what a cute family you have! Email me sometime & I'll invite you to my blog. Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Forgot my email address (duh). jessicacorbaley@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete