Sunday, April 27, 2008

Some of my projects...


The following are some of my sewing projects that have been keeping me awake at night.



Bed skirt.



Two of these pillows and four of the orangey ones.

Brown pillow, supposed to look like the one from Drew Barrymore's office, (doesn't). I think I'll add a center large button to help these guys out.


Two floor pillows for lounging on and looking otherwise chic.


Lily sitting on my time-out chair. :)




The sewing closet where I've been living these days.



The fabric on these looks way better in person, it's such a fun happy color.


The lighting the time of day I took this was terrible, but they are brown valences. They are a very simple tailored look. The difficult part about these were they were 12 feet long. The even more difficult part was getting them 24 feet up the wall to their spot. As Chad and I carried the borrowed ladder from our neighbors house, Chad asked a curious question, "whose getting up there to hang these." We got home put the ladder up and Chad promptly forbid me from getting up the ladder and said that there was no way in he** he was going to. So, enter Hugo (my nice painter). It took him and his son, four hours but here is the final result.
A look down from upstairs at the room, I've been working on sprucing up. I made the brown curtains from the same material as the upper valences. Incidentally this is also the launching pad for many unsuspecting toys.

This isn't a sewing project but my nice neighbor gave me ONE geranium and I split it into two pots and here it is. Now the challenge is to not kill them as, she can see them from her front yard.




Lily is seriously teething, but doing it so cutely.

I like this picture.



Here we are at the breeder's house. Our puppy is the tiny one at the back between the boys. If Chad lets us get it. He's convinced that a boy needs a boy dog and the most perfect puppy is a girl. We love her and want to call her Lucy. She is tiny, mellow and practically perfect in every way, please daddy, please daddy.



Aweee, Lucy!

10 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh you have to get that puppy! Also I think that I need to come to texas to visit! Then you can teach me how to sew and make my house more cute too! I miss you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW Jamie! You have been busy! You put me to shame! I need to get going on some projects!!!! I love what you have done! It all looks great! Okay, your Lily is absolutely adorable! I love her! So cute! And that puppy! C'mon Chad!!!! You've gotta get it!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! I am soooooo impressed with all of your sewing projects. I just told Katie that I should buy a sewing machine and teach myself. Now that I see your projects, I really think I should do it. Your projects are wonderful and your house looks beautiful! Job well done.

    And how cute it Lily? She's such a cute little girl.

    Hello, you can't name your dog Lucy, that's my niece's name...ha! ha! ha! I think it 's a cute name. Then you too will have a Lily and a Lucy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute Lily!
    Cute Lucy!
    Cute! Cute! Cute!
    Awesome sewing projects!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love it all! You have been a busy bee. I love the curtains.
    So you got your Lucy too?

    Luv,
    Jamie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your house looks amazing! How do you do it all?!? The real question though is...when I get a house, will you come decorate?? Oh, and that puppy is ADORABLE! I want one too!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Once again you amaze me! You have to tell me where you got your fabric. Knowing you, you got a great deal on it and I need to make me some pillows too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good work! I love doing projects for my house . . . or when I had a house! Next time I should hire you though, cause yours projects look way better than mine. It is so satisfying making it yourself. Lily is gorgeous. just like her Mama!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Jamie - found you through Heather's blog - and love your sewing projects. I am always looking for good fabric places - do you get your fabric online or locally? Do you just make up your patterns - specifically the floor pillows. Just wondering?
    Laurel (McCain) MacDougall
    laurelmacd@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a beautiful home you have! And I just love your sewing-space! That's how I found you -searching for ideas to organize a sewing-space :-)

    ReplyDelete