Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Joys of a "snow" day, Texas style


Boys so excited for snow! Just three days ago it was 80 degrees! Good times. Today we get to enjoy the annual "snow" day, no school, no stores open, no city services, hot chocolate and daddy even gets to stay home from work! Hooray for snow!


Technically it was the ice that covered the streets that kept us all home. Hooray for ice!

Owen contemplating life and Lily in the background super ticked about being left out and all.
Probably also upset by the fact that she was necked.
Dark picture, if you look closely you will see me still in my pj's and long underware cooking away. Making my favorite beef stew recipe. It is so good that it can change your life. It's Barefoot Contessa's recipe called "Parker's Beef Stew", go online to foodtv.com get it, make it, follow every tiny direction and you too will have this delicious meal that will leave your husband worshipping you and all your tender goodness. It's true.
Hair not done, no makeup, very all natural but doing things I love, looking after my children (especially love it when their playing happily together in the next room and all I can hear is the faint noise of their cute conversations), and cooking with the music up loud and getting down next to my stove.
Half way done, now into the oven for a couple of hours. Just enough time to curl my hair and put a ribbon in it, (figure I'm halfway there why not step it up a notch)?
Owen trying to look at the camera but can't bear to take his eyes of daddy's guitars (which mother so graciously not only allowed to be hung in bedroom but also hung them up herself, man what a girl), if I do say so myself.
Hooray! Mother dressed me.
Later in the day Lily cozying up to her favorites, Lucy and her baby doll.

3 comments:

  1. Okay it is too funny that that much snow/ice caused the city of Dallas to shut down. I love it. And the beef stew looks to-die-for. I will be finding that recipe for sure. Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great snow/ice day! You've gotta love them. Beef Stew looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hilarious....that so little snow can cause so much fun!

    Your beef stew looks tasty! Love the photo of Lily and Lucy!

    Also, I love that you let Chad hang his guitars. The reason I say so is that I finally let Vern hang his baseball jerseys (yes, you read correctly) in shadow boxes in our room. He wouldn't let it go, and so up they went, hideous or not, on our bedroom walls. The things we do for the men we love :)

    ReplyDelete