Thursday, August 27, 2009

Feeling good bout that one.

I'm sure one day he'll kill me, it might even be today because he's very into privacy. But I just couldn't help taking this photo of his white bum. Sorry Luke.
Before I tell my tale a quick story. So later on in the evening Luke came up to me (after Chad had put him in bed) and whispered, "mom, I'll find you a penny if you let me watch TV,"

Just in that moment he looked over and spied his dad's wallet on the counter then he said, "no, no, wait how about a dollar?"
Okay here's my story. This is dinner from a delightful evening spent cooking/dancing in the kitchen with the children while preparing it. It was all done during Owen's football practice, except Owen wasn't there he was here with us, doing more important things, like talking to me and dancing of course.
You see, we live in Texas where football is serious (I really really mean it too). Owen plays on a seven year old team that has three practices a week and a game Saturday. These practices are two hours long and...we live in Texas...so it's incredibly hot too. So, that makes for pretty miserable evenings.
So, I decided that I wasn't going to do it anymore. Nope, I'm not going to drag my family around in the freaking hot sun and spend nearly every evening on the fields when I could be doing something important. Like dinner and dancing.
Maybe he'll play next year but this year I'm not inviting that amount of chaos into my life. So for now he's playing tennis one day a week and we're having our daily dose of dancing/pigging out. Hallelujah.

1 comment:

  1. I love this! You made the right decision girl. I can't believe the demands they put on these little kids..Keep on dancin'- he'll always remember that!

    ReplyDelete