Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Zions National Park

As we made our way down to California we stopped for a couple days in Zions. We had grandma in tow and did a bunch of really adventurous hikes. So much so that on our way up the trail almost every stranger that passed us was complimenting me on what a woman I was. Why thank you very much and I did have a couple of She Ra moments. With Lily on my back and pushing Luke up the hill I looked pretty butch.
Trying not to puke.
The boys trying to be manly, some trying harder to compensate for not having pants on. Geeze mom.

Like I say, we Mead's love us some muscle flexing.
In the Narrows. Can you see the water level on Luke's shirt? He was such a trooper that hike, it must have been that nap he had on the one mile leading up to the trail (while I had Lily on my back and pushing a stroller uphill). Butch I say. And look at Owen in the back, all ticked off. He wasn't having as much fun as the rest of us. At one point we came to a waterfall and he turned to my mom and I and outrageously said, "we came all this way for a waterfall!"
Aforementioned waterfall.
The kids have started school back and when Luke was asked what he did this summer he sighed and said "a lot of walking".

Lily has the song I can do anything you can do better running through her baby brain I swear (and I have no idea where she would get that from either).
Hike to Emerald pools...like Owen's and Luke's walking sticks (you have to really look for Luke's)?

At some river.
Taking a break.
Luke at the lower pools.
Me and my passenger, who thought pulling hair was entertainment.
We had so much fun in Zions, our hotel suite backed up to a river and after days of exertion we'd put the kids to be and then go sit and chat by the river. It was so fun and we did stuff that the kids won't ever forget, ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment