Wednesday, August 26, 2009

The generations of Lindsay women.

Here I am with the latest of the Lindsay women. One of the things I really wanted to do while in Utah was take a picture with my grandma Lindsay, my mom Lily and I. I have a picture of me with my mom and grandma from when I was little that I love and I wanted to take this opportunity to do it again. Grandma Martha will be ninety six this year on Christmas eve. She is such a sweet, calm, mellow woman. Whom I'm told that was nothing like that while her children we're young. That in fact she actually had quite a temper, which gives me so much hope for myself! One day, I too will mellow out and be like Martha. Until then, I'll let that Indian blood (my great-grandma Ella was a Shoshone Indian) pump through me and let it all out.
After our little photo shoot Lily went over and cuddled up to my uncle Doug. The children refer to him as uncle Duck though. They had the fun experience of having three small children staying with you while we we're in Utah. You know, fun stuff like nothing being where you put it down at, etc.

They we're amazing hosts though, they even had sugary cereal for the kids. Luke busied himself with caring for Chicka's (the dog) every need by carrying her around in a blanket anytime he was able to get his hands around her. Vicky and I went on daily hikes up the mountain behind their house while the children busily searched for any possible thing that wasn't put up that hadn't been destroyed yet. And I can't believe I don't have a photo of it but uncle Doug bought the boy's tennis rackets and would take them down and play each day. Which has begun a lifelong passion for it; Owen goes out each day and will hit balls against the house.
Here we are the Lindsay women. There are some many attributes that I hope to attain that my grandmother and mother posses. One that I love in particular is how fiercely loyal they are. If you were even thinking of messing with someone they love, just do yourself a favor and don't.

No comments:

Post a Comment