Monday, August 29, 2011

It was 116 degrees on Saturday.

IMG_5885



IMG_0168



IMG_5861



IMG_5864

These photos do not really have anything do with the temperature on Saturday. I feel it is important though, to give the temperature's we have been experiencing lately proper position in this post. IT HAS BEEN HOT, the kind of hot where you feel like you are in a sauna with a fan blowing the heat from the coals at your face, neck, legs, ankles, and the folds of skin between your toes. That kind of hot.



Owen had a football game Saturday. I do not have a single photo of the event. Why? Because I was trying to survive. Literally. He had to be there at six am for his eight am game. Which lasted three bloody hours. At six am it was 102 degrees. By the time we left it was 116. I am not kidding. If I could give a single word for that experience it would be. . .alarming, bloodcurdling, dire, direful, fearful, fearsome, forbidding, formidable, frightening, gut-wrenching, hair-raising, heart-stopping, intimidating, redoubtable, scary, terrifying; abhorrent, deplorable, disagreeable, disgusting, distasteful, loathsome, nauseating, noisome, obnoxious, obscene, offensive, repugnant, repulsive, revolting, sickening; abominable, evil, foul, heinous, noxious, odious, unspeakable, vile; grotesque, ugly, unsightly.



One word just wasn't enough. I have run out of ways to complain about how hot and uncomfortable I am. I am even sick of hearing my own complaints. I had a headache that lasted until I woke up Sunday morning. To put it in Chad's words,



"This will be a trial."

1 comment:

  1. i am so sorry, jamie. it should never be 116 degrees. ever. anywhere. especially not when you are pregnant at football games.

    ReplyDelete