Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Luke is offically five.

It happened yesterday morning around 7:40 am. He was so excited for it to be his Halloween birthday! I made him a crown to symbolize all the things that the four year old Luke loved this last year. Spongebob, fruit roll ups, his DS, kitty's, Tom and Jerry, Power Rangers, lizards, etc. He was so excited about the crown that he wore it to school. And his teacher reported that he wore it all day long.
I took cupcakes to his classroom that afternoon and as we were walking out of the school Luke saw his shadow and proclaimed, "I'm a king! Just look at my shadow!"
Luke blowing out his candles.
Licking off all the frosting first. Priorities people.
Opening his first present. This year Luke got a Bakugon ball, moon sand, a Mario tiny remote car (that didn't work), a bike, and Spike the ultimate dinosaur.
Lily was shoveling food into her mouth as quick as she could get her hands on it. At one point she even reached over to my plate and took a huge handful of my pasta.
Waiting in such sweet anticipation for the grand finale present.
Trying out Spike the ultimate dinosaur.
Getting ready to let go of our balloon wishes. Kitty wished that Lily would go on a vacation; funny, Chad and I wished for the same thing!
It was a great day, Luke is such a fun boy. He can be the absolute sweetest boy in the world, as long as everything is going his way. :) Love you Luker.

2 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday Luke! I love the balloon idea and the crown. I might try those things on the next kid birthday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I see the devil in disguise is in diapers.

    Happy Birthday Luke.

    Too bad I am not old enough to be a grandpa yet.

    John

    ReplyDelete