Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Owen graduates to the second grade.

Here he is with his beloved teacher, Mrs. Cady. Owen had a great year with her, I can honestly say he never once didn't want to get up and go to school. He had fun kids in his classroom, did lots of creative projects, and became an even better reader. Knowing Owen, probably had quite a few laughs along the way.
Here he is at the graduation with his puppet that we worked so hard on. It was a lion, even though some may have thought it was a turkey. But never mind their ignorance, they obviously know nothing. Mr. Platt is the music teacher at the school and he put together a lovely ensemble. Filled with cheerful music to toe tapping patriotic Texas songs.

Oh how I love Texas. It is my greatest wish for each of you to be privy to small children belting out, Deep in the heart of Texas. This is the best dag gum state in the Union I mean, do any other states have songs about their own greatness? No. I didn't think so, at least none that anybody knows or cares about. Humble? No. But pure unadulterated awesomeness? Yes.
In response to the question in your head. Yes. He is the tallest boy in the first grade. And I dare say the best looking also. What's that? Yes, yes I am completely impartial. I mean after all he is the son of the tallest girl in classroom 1983 Jamie Lynn Peterson. My parents were possibly just as proud.
Lily was in attendance and yes, she was very naughty. She didn't much care for the awards part of the ceremony. Imagine, approximately a hundred kids being called up one by one and receiving their individual certificate and any other awards. Since I'm sure your dying inside to know what Owen's awards were here they are in utter randomness; best athlete, science award, and . . .wait for it. . .the handwriting award. Yes, yes we are proud. But seriously we are really proud.

No comments:

Post a Comment