Monday, August 23, 2010

School days school days.




Do you hear that? It's the school bell! Hip hip hooray. I'm trying to look on the bright side of it since I adore summer. Sleeping in, your own schedule, lots of fun activities, sleeping in, you get the picture. Last night we had our annual back to school feast, except the menu hardly resembled anything I would call a feast (Chad and I are both on diets, boo-hoo). We ate, toasted to the new school year and to each other. Talked about school, friends, working hard, being a loyal friend, looking out for each other and choosing the right in tough situations. I love this tradition and even when the menu is ho hum the kids still look forward to it.

The top pictures are of the boys this morning before the first day of school. They were so excited about riding the bus and seeing all their friends. A great start to a new year of school, they walked home together all the way. Warms my mothers heart seeing Owen not ditch Luke and run home without his slowly littler brother.

No comments:

Post a Comment