Sunday, February 26, 2012

Lily, our beautiful wiley child

Lily is beloved. She can barely do wrong, especially when she is so darn cute.

Lily is made up of 99.9% crackers. Any kind: Ritz, graham, goldfish, saltines--you name it. As her mother I feel it my duty to put something in her on a daily basis that once resembled a plant or animal.

In an effort to thwart my efforts she devised a brilliant plan. Tape over the glass door that leads to the pantry. This way silly mother will not be able to see that I am gorging myself on crackers and leave me in peace.

Clever Lily needed help cutting the tape but then shooed me away so that I would be none the wiser. Isn't she bright?

Just in case I became wise to her plans though she was prepared. She wrote a note saying, "do not come in dhis wroom, weave wily awone." (she translated for me and read it aloud in a commanding tone).

. . .and because of the love, I let that little girl of mine do just what she pleased. (she went through enough crackers to feed a hungry preschool, staff and children.)

But then later because of the love I have stopped buying all of this crap food. I don't know why I didn't just do this sooner, sorry Lily.

No comments:

Post a Comment