Saturday, February 11, 2012

Mad skills.

Meet Shelly, or Shell as we call her. This picture was taken by Lily and she'll probably kill me or at least spill some of the secrets I've told her for showing it. I'm willing to risk it. It's a little blurry but man!, doesn't' she have the smile of a freaking toothpaste commercial? Seriously.

But in addition to her dazzling whites she has skills. Mad skills to be exact.























Lily, our lovely only daughter, most days looks dirty. Literally dirty. Just try to run your fingers through that mess. Yeah, they get stuck about two inches in. As I was picking an image to contrast with there were SO many options! Seriously. . .























Enter, Mrs. Pearly Whites. Sunday while Jack was still in the hospital, Shell took the kids to church. She was dropped off in a dress (usual) and her hair camoflaouging about three cheerios (also usual). Shelly, knowing Lily and what a feat it was to have her looking like she doesn't belong on an advertisement for hungry children, texted me a photo right over.


















And just for good measure her hair stayed in this braid for a good three days after.

Love ya girl!

P.S. In addition to her talent for braiding Shelly is also awesome. She knows what it's all about, what it's all about. She has the wonderful ability to focus on what matters most and laugh at all the other crap that doesn't. I don't think there is ever a conversation we share where we aren't giggling at some point. Everybody needs their very own Shelly, cause if we didn't laugh about it. . .we'd all be cryin!

2 comments:

  1. ok, so you're not dead meat!!
    I am glad I took into consideration the loft and its cleanliness as I sent out this picture.

    ReplyDelete
  2. that picture makes me look really old - in the eyes.

    and, thanks Jamie. Love you too.

    ReplyDelete