Friday, December 9, 2011

Decorating for Thanksgiving.

Owen, Luke and Lily got all into decorating the table for Thanksgiving. They were all very excited about the impending arrival of: grandparents, aunts, uncles the following day. We made turkey place mats for everyone.
IMG_8474

IMG_8583
I had lofty plans for decorating my table. Instead I went for a hike with my baby brother who drove twenty hours to be with us. We ate by candlelight as the sun was setting. That was beauty enough.

IMG_8534
Lily was obsessed with my dad. She giggled for hours with him. She combed his hair, tickled him, pretty much stayed within about fifteen inches of him all day.

IMG_8538
Look! She even managed to coax out a smile from him! A miracle.

IMG_8551
Her charms are hard to resist. She sang vertebrata as she combed her hair.

IMG_8752

IMG_8755

IMG_8615
Here I am, cooking what ended up being a HORRIBLE dinner. I was distracted when I put the turkey in the oven that I miscalculated the cooking time. It cooked two hours too long. It was much like the scene from Christmas Vacation. Our turkey, literally was split in half. Burnt. Dry as all be. Everyone ate it, trying to compliment me but I knew. Mr. Mead ate in silence. He's not one to try to lie.

IMG_8658
The next day my dad in an effort to make me feel better got ingredients for some spicy turkey thingy. It was awful too. I told Chad we had to find something else to eat for dinner. To which he replied, "We all choked down your dinner yesterday, now it's your turn!"

I was offended, but also thoroughly entertained. I married one fun/funny man.

No comments:

Post a Comment