Friday, December 23, 2011

Mountain life.

IMG_0398
Y'all know how I love my mountains, right. Well, I do and just wanted to make sure you knew that. This is the hike I take a couple of times a week. I go and contemplate the mystery's of life while listening to Selena Gomez's song, Love you like a love song. I'm deep.
IMG_9155 IMG_9307
Update! Remember them? Well, it's growing bigger and bigger by the day, and there is now a blow up snow man on the roof! Sweeeettttt.

Bless their hearts.
IMG_9514
On mountains there is dirt.
IMG_9520 IMG_9532
When it rains something crazy chemical reaction occurs and mud is formed. I know! Very messy but if you're four very fun. I have many a fond memories of my friend Lesley Mickelsen and I swimming in an irrigation pond and catching polliwogs. Oh the joys, I distinctly remember my mother shrieking one afternoon upon discovering my nest of polliwogs. Which I had cleverly hid in the bottom drawer of my dresser. Everything would have gone off seamlessly too if they hadn't continued on their growth cycle and spouted legs. Only to then use them to jump around my closet floor.
Maybe it's things like this that make my dad smile from ear to ear when he hears of the shenanigans my children put me through.
IMG_9298
There is also the rabbits. Oh we love the rabbits around here. It is Duke's one and only mission in life to catch one. He will sit patiently by the dog door waiting for the perfect moment to strike, then he will dash out after them attempting to supplement his diet. He has his dreams.

I walk around my home and feel blessed. Mountains surround us on every side, and the view of the city lays out below us. This is beauty. I pull open the curtains and carry on with a smile on my face and gratitude in my heart for seeing the beauty that surrounds me.

After all, it's not just about having something that makes you happy; it is being grateful for what you have that makes you happy.

Recognizing that you have something great.

No comments:

Post a Comment