Thursday, December 22, 2011

Embracing the crazy

Life with four small children is loud. Crazy loud and then lots and lots of just plain crazy.
IMG_9334
I find on days that are especially crazy I do better if I just accept that this is how today will be. Milk will be spill, fights will happen, babies will get woken up. And loud? Loud is definitely here today. So what am I to do?
IMG_9325
I go with it baby. I turn my music up, let my hair down and go with it. I forget about the things I need to get done today, ignore the children when they are clamoring for me to chose a loser of whatever the current disagreement is over and tell them to just carry on--forget-about-it. I tell them to get over it, go and go be happy and play. Then I take my own advice and go be happy.
IMG_9344 IMG_9349
My house on these days isn't the type of house I love but the way that house feels more than makes up for it. Music is pumping and messes are abundant; I cook dinner for everyone in the midst of this chaos.
IMG_9123
Jack looks on as visitors do a stop and chat.
IMG_9503
Secret Santa gifts must be taken even though you totally forgot until 7:30. Our ward is doing the twelve days of Christmas and let me just tell you this, the children go crazy!!! We pull up to her home and they are shrieking with anticipation. They excitedly jump out of the car and race to her door, hooping and hollering the entire way. They ring the bell and race back to the car and we dash away, I am grateful that she plays along and takes her time getting to the door.
IMG_9505
Don't cha just love Luke. That boy cracks me up. Cracks just about everyone up, I can't tell you how many times his teacher or school nurse will call and tell me about something hilarious he did or said.
IMG_9550
The wonderful thing about family is, they are there for you. You need something, they got your back. Not convenient? No matter, we are family and I am here for you. Until I became a mother I would have never understood how important this is a mother. I want my children to be there for each other. In addition to Chad and I being there for them, they have each other.

To take care of each other when we can't or won't still be here to. Their bonds as brothers and sister is something that is independent of us. That is comforting to a parent.
IMG_9539
Owen pitched in and rocked Jack when Jack was in need of some comfort. That freed me up to make Pioneer woman's meatballs. It was a crazy day and I could have just heated up some quick pre-made food from Costco, which I'm totally not above; but on this day, I wanted some comfort. Recipe here.
IMG_9540 IMG_9541
That is the thing about life now, it is crazy; some days more than others but busy busy is the order of just about everyday. The thing is; I know someday it will end, gradually there will be quiet here in place of my rambunctious children.

. . .and I will miss these days.

So, for today I am grateful that I can recognize that these are the days and just go with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment