Thursday, January 5, 2012

Christmas eve 2011.

This year we celebrated our first Christmas in Arizona. It was awesome!
IMG_9800
Cooked dinner with my french doors open as my children frolicked in the desert. Yes, frolicked. Arizona has just what I love in terms of weather, (except for those pesky three months where I loathe it) windows down--doors open kinda weather. And! There is snow less than an hour and half away for the snowy dreams of a white Christmas.
IMG_9813
This year we celebrated with our friends the Yorks. We feasted on my traditional dinner of: prime rib, mashed potatoes, rolls, and Yorkshire pudding. Usually I make creamed corn but this year I got wild and sauteed Brussels sprouts. Crazy, eh. The Yorks got to benefit from my dedication to this meal as it only became tasty these past four years, the previous five; well, safe to say, I have many good friends and family that will eat just about anything.
IMG_9818
Apparently in non-Mormon culture on Christmas eve you give gifts to each other. Real gifts too! My kids couldn't believe it when they got to open actual presents on Christmas eve and toys at that! The Yorks kids got to open ----um, well, they got the wonderful gift of the knowledge that it is truly better to give than to receive.

I'm still waiting on my thank you note.
IMG_9823
Danielle helping Lily open her Fairy Tinkerbell toy amidst the dinner mess.
IMG_9824
Blah.

Thankfully Theresa was here, she and I pounded this out while the men watched TV. I'm counting that as one of my presents to Chad.

1 comment:

  1. Well, that gift together with the gift that it truly is better to give than receive, made for a great two presents.

    ReplyDelete