Monday, January 30, 2012

Coming out of it.

Jackie boy is starting to come out of it; showing promise that his heart rhythm is starting to sync up . He finally has an occasional P wave, (since I just learned what in the heck a P wave is, let me now school you: a P wave an electrical current that startes the initiation of a heart beat). For my doctor friends out there, please ignore how pedestrian my explanation is).

Slowly, getting back to our boy.
He is all smiles, except for when the evil gas rears it's ugly head.

He he, rears. Get it?

It's a good thing I still have my wonderful sense of humor to accompany me.
His look of shock when I told him what happened to his chest when he was sleeping.

He is also SO much more alert. Prior to the surgery he slept practically all day. And then after the surgery he was drugged so as to help keep him still. But, he is making up for all the sleep he's been getting now. Yesterday he was awake from two in the afternoon till eleven. At which point I had a tiny breakdown.

I called Chad back from home to spend the night with Jack and I went to Theresa's who lives nearby. Three nights in a row at the hospital and my single highest night of sleep was four hours. Enter. . . emotional, irrational, irritated Jamie. She's a TON of fun, biatchy too. Seven hours of sleep last night and I am a new woman. With sleep everything is possible.

I even curled my hair this morning. I just needed to do something normal.

Jack is slowly getting better. His lungs are still too wet from excess fluid due to over-circulation of the heart due to a high heart rate. Thus causing him to have a hard time breathing without some extra oxygen. See how fun medicine is? Dominons I tell you. They saw his heart rhythm for a few minutes when they turned the pacer off. Happy with the progress, they are "cautiously optimistic".

They put him back on the pacer for the day hoping that another day and he will then beat completely in sinus rhythm. So, that's whats up for today.

3 comments:

  1. He must be an old soul as he understands so much! Glad you finally caught up on sleep. Holding thoughts for best health for your young man.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the updates - thinking of you lots:). Come on little Jackie-boy!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been checking your blog twice a day, for the past week, looking for updates! I hope all goes well with Jack :) Always thinking of you and your family.

    ReplyDelete