Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Underway

Jackson's surgery is underway. We are in the waiting room feeling comfort and peace. I thought I would be a mess. I feel strong. Chad gave Jack a blessing last night, our children are praying for Jack, we are praying for Jack and so are you. Chad blessed Jack last night that angels would attend and keep him. Here in my quiet spot I too feel the presence of Gods angels.















Jack was all smiles this morning. We held and enjoyed him. This is the face he made when we told him what was going to happen.

Jack feel asleep for about an hour on my chest before we handed him over. He was sucking away on his tongue the entire time, thinking if he just kept going he'd get something. We spoke with the surgeon, nurses, and anesthesiologist and then it was time. I handed him to Kim the lead OR nurse. He woke right up and looked over at Chad and I with as straight of a backbone as humanly possible. As Kim walked Jack away from us, tears that had welled up finally spilled out. What happened next I will never forget.

They were just about to pass through the double doors that lead into the operating room. Jack, (wide awake) looked back at us and with his arm hung over Kim's shoulder waved his hand up and down twice. Everyone there, three nurses, Chad and I all exhaled a laugh. Our grief in that moment was interrupted with that joy. We all smiled greatly to each other at the sweetness of this moment that we had been graced with through God's tender mercy.

2 comments:

  1. Oh I can't keep it together. Tears all day and last night for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. amy and i must be birds of a feather.
    we all love all of you so much.

    ReplyDelete