Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Unusual anatomy.

I mean, you know how the Meads roll after all. Why in world would we start to do things 'normally' at this point.

I've talked to I think five different members of the team now and all of them have confirmed that they have never seen anatomy like Jacks.

I could have totally called that one. I mean once they saw the wristband and saw the last name Mead, they should have called their bookie. We're that awesome.
But seriously, things could not have gone better. Jack's heart repair was a Tetrolgy of Fallot and an AV canal. But it wasn't a typical AV canal as it was missing they 'typical' top portion and the bottom instead of missing was turned inward like a 'v'. This complicated the repair of the Tetrolgy for the surgeons as it moved the VSD hole up and at a sharp angle. Dr. Derby said they were almost standing on their heads to get into the correct position to even see what they were working on.

But they did it, all of them: Dr. Derby, Dr. Nygro, Dr. Morrell, Dr. Stock, Dr. Ellsworth, Dr. Grimaldi, all of the nurses and wonderful support staff. They give the term professionals a higher meaning.

Each one as we've spoken about the surgery are practically beaming. They are so happy with how well it went. The first doctor said the outcome was nothing short of a miracle. An incredibly complicated, unusual repair followed by an outcome they say you dream of.

Which is awesome; cause we've got us some big dreams for this boy.

8 comments:

  1. That is EXCELLENT news. I am so glad that you were blessed with an amazing team of doctors and such wonderful results. Good thoughts and prayers still coming your way for you all and your baby!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I am all tears! God is good! I'm
    So grateful for the dr's abilities and God's miracles. Haven't stopped thinking and praying for
    You all. Andrew wants Jack to get all better so they can play!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a STUD!!! I am beaming for him. Really, I've become quite enamored, obsessed, and everything else with this. I feel like we need to meet so I can give you a giant hug! Okay, over the internet will have to do, for now.... lots of love.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so happy that Jack is doing so well!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am all smiles and tears! Thank you for the regular updates all day. We are so relieved that everything went smoothly. Relieved and overjoyed. Cute, strong Jack. What a guy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are truly an inspiration and beautiful person inside and out! Your story has touched me and given me a new perspective on life itself. Jack is an incredible little guy and am so happy he made it through and is doing well. Was thinking of you and family all day and hope for a speedy recovery!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Shelly told me Jack was having his surgery today. I am sooo thankful it was a success!! What a blessing. Much love to you guys:)

    ReplyDelete