Saturday, January 28, 2012

Don't set limits on this boy.

Absolutely every step of the way Jack has dramatically exceeded my expectations. And, my sweet son, we need you to do it again. I know we are asking you to be strong and to do more; but more, you must. Your heart rate has risen dramatically and is ticking away at 180 beats per minute. Please, chill out; take a chill pill.

Mmm-kay?

Also, tell your mitral value to stop misbehaving. That'd be swell.

Jack's mitral value's leakage has increased more than they would like. It is causing his heart rate to rise and beat rapidly, consistently. I asked the cardiologist if it was possible for it to go back to minimal leakage (which is what they left the operating room at).

Dr. Alkon reported that it was possible.

Not satisfied with that answer I asked if it was probable.

Dr. Alkon hesitated and said he didn't want to say.

. . .this isn't terrible, but it also isn't good. It has opened the door to the possibility of going back in and replacing that valve.

But, I know my boy. He has defied the odds every single step of the way and I know it is within him to do so again.

. . .come-on Jackie boy!

No comments:

Post a Comment