Thursday, January 26, 2012

Through the forest

A little excitement around here, they've taken the endo track ea tube out. And he liked it in, so he decided to stop breathing as a protest. I happened to be in the lactation room at the time, I come out and see my friend briskly walking away from Jack's room with tears in her eyes.

Then I walk further down the hall to see about a dozen people working on and bagging Jack.

Um, cue sheer terror.

Dr. Grimaldi looked up at us and said, "everything is under control, but please let us do our jobs and go out to the waiting room. I'll come for you once he is stable."

We went out to the waiting room and waited. I think we all felt concerned but also knew that this was just part of the process.

Dr. Grimaldi came out about fifteen minutes later and invited us back into the room. Told us he was fine that she didn't re intubate him, that he pulled out of it on his own.

Chad told her that he could tell she meant business because she took off her white coat. She smiled and said that she has a couple of levels for changing depending upon how concerned she is. The first level is removing of the white coat, then the next level up is pulling her hair back.

I looked over and noticed that her hair was pulled up in a sloppy ponytail.

So, things are still good. Chaotic though. Lots of people working on him, hovering over seeing to his care.

He is resting comfortably now though. Another deep breath.

3 comments:

  1. oh Jamie,
    my love to you. all the time.
    again, remind me about the cd.
    xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Scary!!!! We are all still praying for him. Karen Skabelund

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jamie,
    I hope you are getting some rest! I am happy that Jack is doing better. You are in my thoughts and prayers.
    Best Regards

    ReplyDelete