Sunday, June 19, 2011

Luke and some of his observations.

IMG_4840
Months ago Luke gave me a tip on girls that I thought was quite insightful for a six year old. Luke is our child who keeps us on our toes. I cannot tell you how many times Chad and I lay in bed laughing at the stuff he comes up with. Some are less insulting than others though. His latest smug statement could have affected a lesser woman than I. It was a typical day in the Mead home, I was on the computer buying something online. Luke breezes in the room and asks what I'm doing. I tell him. Then, he gives me what can only be described as a smirk and says, "Oh, did dad give you money to buy that?"

Which the statement in and of itself doesn't sound that bad but I swear he had this arrogant tone of condescension. I then explained to him, again, that there is no dad's money or mom's money. We just have 'our' money. He was not having it though.

"No, no mom. Dad gets paid to be a lawyer and we don't pay you for making us lunch and going to Target."

. . .what I'm thinking, "go to hell and have you been talking to dad?"

IMG_4839
A less insulting observation he gave me a couple of months ago regarded the female nature. He and Owen come breezing in from school and Luke had this look on his face. One that communicated, "I'm going to burst, I've got to tell you something!"

I asked him about his day and what he learned.

Luke replied that he had learned something very very important. "MOM! Do you know the easiest way to get a girlfriend?"

"No, son please tell me." I cringed

"You just gotta be supba hot."

Yes, son, who am I to argue with logic like that. Owen then interjected on the importance of being, smart, kind, funny, courageous as a means to getting a wife.

Luke settled that he was just going to be hot to get one.

. . .have I mentioned how terrified I am to have teenagers?

1 comment:

  1. Hey Jamie,
    Good to see your blog updated! Did you move to Arizona?

    ReplyDelete