Friday, October 7, 2011

Going home.

IMG_0205

IMG_0213

IMG_0217

IMG_0225

IMG_0227

IMG_6061
With day five of our hospital adventure came the firedrill discharge.

. . ."Um we need your room right now! They're back up seven women in triage and another just came through the door. Your time is up, get out!!"

Usually I'm the first one trying to get out of the hospital and this is the longest I've ever stayed. But I wanted to stay and be there for every feeding with Jack, which would have been quite difficult coming from home. So stay I did. Chad held down the fort at home and I spent a lot of time alone in the hospital with Jack.

Aside from Lily wearing the same clothes for five days and that horrible hour Chad and I spent thinking Owen had been kidnapped things went fairly smooth. What's that, kidnapped? Yes. It was nothing short of terrifying but alls well that ends well. Owen called Chad to ask him to come and get him from football on Tuesday evening, saying he didn't have his ride. Chad raced down to the field to get him, mind you it's almost 9pm at this point only to find an empty football field. Panic. No trace of him, I called and called and called his ride, no answer. Curse cell phones. Called the coach, no answer. Almost an hour later he was discovered, his ride had come and he'd been with his carpool through that hour of terror. Phew. I think I aged a year in that hour though.

We had to shuffle Lily around with different people for the times when Chad was needed at the hospital. Thank goodness for the kindness of people, who are willing to pitch in and help. I think we managed to completely irritate the CPR teacher with our sarcastic jokes and dropping the baby routines. We had fun though. 25 compressions and 2 breaths people! Oh, and make sure you start by saying,

"Baby, baby are you okay?"

. . .if no answer begin CPR. If your baby isn't able to use words yet though, and can't respond go ahead with CPR just to be safe. I kid, I kid.

So, once we managed to pawn Lily off on an unsuspecting person thinking they were just answering a friendly call from the Meads and not signing up for six hours of childcare. Chad made it the hospital just as I was discharged. We got lunch, filled my prescription and waiting very un-patiently (I did, Chad was his ever patient loving self) for the doctor to give us the final go ahead to discharge Jack too. Waiting waiting for her to get there and then decide if baby boy could go home too. We got the word that he was good to go!

More waiting though, discharge orders, last minute tests they wanted to run and a car seat pulse ox test. Hours later we were set to go at almost 4pm. We drove home with Chad's knees in the dashboard as Jack was situated behind him. This has also prompted somewhat of a death for me. The impending purchase of a mini van. Chad is ecstatic, considering he's been wanting this for years and I've been the hold out. The cash has been transferred from our savings and now we're just waiting for the right car to pop up on craigslist. I can't live without my leather, man.

Anyho, we made it home, settled Jack into his crib. Lily was a moment behind us and ran into the house excitedly screaming,

"Mom! I missed you SO SO SO SO So much! Where's Jackson? I got french fries and hambuuuger. Mom! mom, mom, mom, mom, look! Why is Jack kissing your boobie? That's pwivate. Mom mom mom I wanna hold Jack, put him right here. k, mom!!!"

It's been crazy, loud, busy but also, so beautiful. I finally have all my children home together with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment